« Back to our people
Tom is a solicitor at Anthony Gold. He specialises in the Leasehold Services department, based in our South London offices at Streatham.
Tom trained with Anthony Gold and qualified as a solicitor in March 2013. He works under the supervision of Ian Mitchell.
Tom is a specialist in leasehold enfranchisement acting for both leaseholders and freeholders in all areas of residential leasehold work. Tom regularly advises on the following issues:
- Lease Extensions – Tom has extensive experience guiding clients through the lease extension procedure, including missing landlord cases. Tom is currently advising a number of freeholders and leaseholders in relation to lease extensions under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (LRHUDA 1993);
- Freehold Purchase/Enfranchisement – advising and co-ordinating groups of leaseholders to acquire the freehold of their building;
- Right of First Refusal – Providing guidance where a freeholder wishes to dispose of their freehold interest;
- Right to Manage – assisting groups of leaseholders to take over the management functions of their building;
- Licence for Alterations – Drafting licences and advising as to the terms of Licences required for leaseholders to extend or alter their flat;
- Lease interpretation – helping clients understand the terms of their lease;
- Service Charge Disputes – Assisting freeholders recover unpaid ground rent/service charge contributions and assisting leaseholders challenge excessive service charge demands.
- Works under the supervision of Ian Mitchell, after training at Anthony Gold and qualifying as a solicitor in March 2013.
- Recommended by clients:
“Thank you very much for your excellent professional and efficient work. When we have any further need of a solicitor we will not hesitate to contact you”
- Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP)