Stephen Whitaker is a partner at Anthony Gold and leads the property team. He is based in our Streatham office and is a nationally recognised expert in all aspects of commercial and residential property transactions.
Stephen originally practised in criminal law; however, he began to specialise in conveyancing early on in his career. In the mid-1980s he built up and managed a branch office of a London law firm. He joined Anthony Gold in 1996.
From negotiating large commercial property deals to the buying and selling of family homes, Stephen is committed to getting the job done effectively and efficiently. To his team, he is a calm manager who helps them achieve the desired results for clients.
Clients who engage Stephen benefit from his vast local knowledge and years of expertise. He solves problems less experienced property solicitors wouldn’t even spot.
Stephen is the Senior Responsible Officer for Anthony Gold under the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This accreditation illustrates the high standard the property team meets on every transaction.
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited solicitor and Senior Responsible Officer
- President of the South London Law Society 2011-2015
- Former Chairman of Wimbledon Round Table and Area 18 London and Surrey.
- Served on the National Executive of Round Table.
- Active supporter of numerous local and national charities.
- Former Governor of Glyn School, Epsom
- President of the Wimbledon 41 Club
- Member of the Coleman Street Ward Club
- Streatham Festival board member
Writes regularly for the South London Law Society Journal The Clapham Omnibus.
Writes often on property matters for other legal publications.