« Back to our people
Sara Stephens is a partner at Anthony Gold. She specialises in the Housing & Property Disputes department, based in our South London offices at Elephant & Castle.
Sara specialises in housing law including disrepair, homelessness, judicial review, possession claims and commercial property disputes.
Sara graduated from the University of Manchester with a degree in Politics and Modern History. She went on to complete her Graduate Diploma in Law and her Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, gaining commendations in both. Sara then worked as a housing caseworker before training as a solicitor. Sara joined Anthony Gold in 2010.
Sara spent 6 years as an Executive Committee Member of the Housing Law Practitioners Association (HLPA) and was Convenor of HLPAs Legal Aid Working Group during this time. Sara is now a member of the Law Society’s Housing Law Committee.
- A dedicated housing and property litigation solicitor who specialises in disrepair, judicial review, homelessness, possession work and commerical property disputes.
- Recommended by Legal 500 and Chambers:
- “Brilliant” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- “Boundless energy to deal with legal aid matters” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- Has “an excellent grasp of the nuances of legal aid”.
- “Fully committed to her clients”.
- “Really knows her stuff”.
- “Outstanding” and “very energetic and dedicated.”
- Recommended by clients:
“I would like to say thank you for everything you have done for me.”
“Many thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated.”
“Thank you for your time and effort with my case which has given us peace of mind and had a positive impact on our family life.”
“Thank you very much for all your help and for making it possible for me and my kids to have a home in perfect shape. I am very grateful.”
- Sara is a member of the Law Society’s Housing Law Committee.
- Sara was a former Executive Committee member of the Housing Law Practitioners Association and was Governor of HLPAs Legal Aid Working Group.
- Sara is a keen writer, having had articles published in the RICS Property Journal, Legal Action Group Magazine, Journal of Housing Law and Solicitors Journal.
- Sara has provided training to a wide range of organisations on housing law, including a Certificate in Housing Law course for Central Law Training.
- Sara has also produced podcasts on housing law for CPDCast.