« Back to our people
Nick joined Anthony Gold as a Consultant in July 2018, and brings with him unrivalled experience in cases involving employment, discrimination and occupational health law. He has specialist expertise in cases involving work-related psychiatric injury whether as a result of occupational stress, harassment or discrimination.
He acted for the claimant in the seminal case of Majrowski v Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust  UKHL 34 which established employers’ vicarious liability for breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and in a case that achieved the highest ever Employment Tribunal award of over £4.5million.
Nick is listed as a “Leading Individual” by one of the foremost legal directories, “The Legal 500”, where he is recognised as being one of the UK’s leading employment and discrimination lawyers.
With his practice focussed on helping individuals, people will often come to Nick having been mistreated, and often let down by their employers. Nick thrives on helping people rebuild their reputations, confidence and in some instances, their lives.
Nick is well-respected by peers, and since 2009 has been a lecturer to occupational health practitioners in employment and personal injury issues for the “At Work Partnership”. A regular speaker at industry conferences, Nick is also a contributing author of “Discrimination Law and Occupational Health Practice (2012).”
- Specialist practice in harassment, occupational stress and employment cases, especially for the targets of work-place bullying and discrimination
- Achieved the highest ever Employment Tribunal award of £4.5 million and acted for the Claimant in the seminal House of Lords case of Majrowski v Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust which established the principle of vicarious liability of employers under the Protection form Harassment Act 1997
- Past President of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx)
- Past Chair of the CILEx Pro Bono Trust and current Trustee of the Bar Pro Bono Unit, a post he has held since 2013
- Member of the Civil Justice Council Working Party on Access for Justice for those Without Means
- Legal 500 rated:
- “Has a wealth of experience which is difficult to rival”
- “Offers a very straightforward, honest and to the point advice”
- “Has a very good knowledge in bulling and harassment claims”
- “One of the leading employment and discrimination lawyers in the South West of England.”