Nazia Rashid is an award winning family law solicitor having won the Family Law Award – Family Law Associate Solicitor of the Year 2018. Nazia is based at our London Bridge branch and joined Anthony Gold in April 2017.
Nazia has significant experience in divorce and financial cases and acts for clients involving high net worth individuals with assets here and abroad, to modest money cases where it is essential that needs are met. Nazia regularly acts for clients who are being denied contact including parental alienation cases or cases involving serious allegations of harm including drug and alcohol abuse. She also regularly advises clients in respect of relocation of children, whether within England and Wales or abroad, and has represented applicants in special guardianship matters.
Nazia takes a robust approach in domestic abuse cases and is an accredited Resolution specialist in domestic abuse cases. Her cases include serious allegations of physical, financial, sexual and emotional harm, both to a parent and children.
Nazia is often recommended to individuals seeking a solicitor who is sensitive to the cultural and religious pressure or abuse that one might be encountering during a relationship breakdown. Nazia has a keen interest in cases deemed as ‘non-marriage’ or a ‘non qualifying ceremony’ cases often because it is a religious only marriage. The pressure and confusion that sometimes follow, might prevent one from taking appropriate court action.
Nazia has a growing mediation practice. Nazia will sensitively mediate in maters where finances, arrangements for children and other issues relating to culture, religion and custom are in dispute.
- Will ensure your children’s best interests are always kept at the forefront
- Will be thorough and firm when undertaking a case involving alleged dishonesty and/or threatening or intimidating behaviour on the part of the other
- Understands the need to be sensitive to how members of different cultures and faith may require consideration of particular factors which may impact on how their separation is dealt with
- What Nazia’s clients say:
“Nazia provided a speedy resolution to a protracted and acrimonious dispute and I am very grateful to her and her team for this.
- “Nazia was entirely approachable and accessible recognising the need in listening to my concerns outside the legal arena.”
- “Nazia’s professionalism and skill is endorsed by the outcome that she achieved. Her up to date knowledge and legal insight into addressing issues arising often at the last minute proved invaluable in securing a fantastic outcome.”
- “Throughout my case, I found Nazia’s ability to deal with complex matters of evidence and law to be fantastic and somewhat comforting given the often emotionally draining stress that the litigation was having on me.”
- Resolution Accredited specialist in domestic abuse and financial provision
- Member of Resolution’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion committee
- Honorary Legal Advisor Central Family Court, London
- Member of New Scotland Yard’s Working Group on Honour Based Abuse, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Former Vice-President of Association of Muslim Lawyers
- Contributor to The International Family Law Practice; Family Law.
- Regularly presents seminars and lectures on matters relating to foreign marriages and issues relating to religion and culture within the family law sphere
- A trained mediator and is registered with the Family Mediation Council
Previous presentations include: at The Law Society, in conjunction with Kiran Support Services, and on behalf of Family Law and the Association of Muslim Lawyers.