« Back to our people
Nazia is a senior associate in our family department and acts for a wide range of clients. Nazia joined Anthony Gold in April 2017. Before then, she was a family law partner and founding member of a law firm in Canary Wharf.
Nazia has significant experience in divorce and financial cases and acts for clients involving high-income individuals. She will ensure that the needs of her clients are met and their dependent children. This includes ensuring there is a secure home, appropriate maintenance being paid, liabilities (personal and professional) taken into account, pensions and other investments, children with special needs and school fees orders.
Nazia is often recommended to individuals who seek a solicitor who is sensitive to the cultural and religious pressure one might be encountering. In addition, when there is a non-marriage often because there is a religious only marriage. Such pressure and confusion sometimes prevents one from taking appropriate court action. Nazia will advise and also mediate in such cases.
Nazia regularly acts for clients who are being denied contact or when one has real concerns for their children’s safety or, when wishing to relocate to another city or country. She acts for parents in complex private law children cases involving drug and alcohol abuse and where children are at risk of harm.
Nazia takes a robust approach in domestic abuse cases and is an accredited Resolution specialist in domestic abuse cases. Her cases include serious allegations of physical, financial, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Will ensure your children’s best interests are always kept at the forefront
- Will be thorough and firm when undertaking a case involving alleged dishonesty and/or threatening or intimidating behaviour on the part of the other
- Understands the need to be sensitive to how members of different cultures and faith may require consideration of particular factors which may impact on how their separation is dealt with
- What Nazia’s clients say:
“Nazia provided a speedy resolution to a protracted and acrimonious dispute and I am very grateful to her and her team for this.“Nazia was entirely approachable and accessible recognising the need in listening to my concerns outside the legal arena.”“Nazia’s professionalism and skill is endorsed by the outcome that she achieved. Her up to date knowledge and legal insight into addressing issues arising often at the last minute proved invaluable in securing a fantastic outcome.”“Throughout my case, I found Nazia’s ability to deal with complex matters of evidence and law to be fantastic and somewhat comforting given the often emotionally draining stress that the litigation was having on me.”
- A trained Mediator and is registered with the Family Mediation Council
- Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) Accredited specialist in domestic abuse and financial provision
- Honorary Legal Advisor Central Family Court, London
- Member of New Scotland Yard’s Working Group on Honour Based Abuse, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Founding member and director of Impact on Women
- Former senior family law executive committee member and Vice-President of Association of Muslim Lawyers
- Contributor to The International Family Law Practice; Family Law.