« Back to our people
Katherine has been helping those who have suffered catastrophic injuries her whole career. Since qualifying in 1996, Katherine has worked exclusively in Claimant litigation, working with clients who have suffered brain, spinal cord and amputee injuries.
A Fellow of APIL, Katherine believes passionately in access to early treatment, rehabilitation, case management and suitable accommodation. To achieve this, early resolution of liability disputes and pro-actively securing interim compensation are vital for clients who have suffered life changing injuries and need help, as well as their families. Katherine remains absolutely committed to this specialist area, having acted for children and adults alike as well as those lacking capacity, regularly achieving multi-million pound settlements for her clients, even where Liability has been contested.
Outside of her day-to-day role, Katherine is always keen to dedicate time to voluntary activities, and is a past committee member of Headway North London. Katherine has also fundraised for national charities Headway UK and the Spinal Injuries Association, both of which do fantastic work in helping those who have suffered life-changing injuries.
- Catastrophic injury solicitor, working exclusively in Claimant litigation for around 20 years.
- Specialist in claims involving injuries to the brain, spinal cord and limb loss.
- Current secretary of the APIL Brain Injury Special Interest Group and invited speaker at industry conferences and seminars.
- “A real fighter”, “Highly regarded”, “Very, very able” Legal 500
- “I have been instructed by Katherine for nearly 15 years on a large number of catastrophic injury claims, involving clients with life-changing injuries to the brain, spinal cord or lower limb amputation. Katherine has a strong reputation in these fields for the outstanding effort she puts into her cases. She achieves fabulous results for her clients through attention to detail and a determination to leave no stone unturned. She is well respected by experts, case managers, and opposing solicitors as well as by the counsel she instructs, and of course, by her clients. She has exceptional expertise in complex brain injury cases and knows how to put together multidisciplinary teams to get the best in terms of rehabilitation and/or forensic advantage.” – Nathan Tavares QC, Outer Temple Chambers
- Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), Secretary of APIL Brian Injury Special Interest Group
- Headway – The Brain Injury Association
- SIA – Spinal Injuries Association
- BABICM – British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers
- UKABIF – United Kingdom Acquired Brain Injury Forum
Legal 500 Top Tier Firm 2017