« Back to our people
Jenny Kennedy approaches every case with total commitment. She believes what she does is vital for people trying to recover from both serious accidents and negligent clinical treatment. In the last three years alone, she has recovered more than £45 million in compensation for her clients, including cases which have settled by way of annual payments.
An interesting background as a psychiatric nurse proved an unusual route into the law. Combining a full time job with her legal studies, Jenny qualified as a solicitor in 1996, a demonstration of the determination and commitment that serves her clients so well to this day. Qualifying and becoming a partner on the same day, she continued to concentrate on personal injury and clinical negligence work. She has deliberately chosen a people-related area of the law.
Jenny has gained an enormous positive reputation from clients and from the legal profession. Colleagues have said that she achieves in a day what others achieve in a week. This drive, together with a creative ability to push boundaries and come up with new ideas, has put Jenny at the top of her field.
- A catastrophic injury and clinical negligence specialist who is driven to get the best rehabilitation and settlement possible for her clients.
- Won compensation for her clients totalling £45 million over the past three years.
- Won one of the highest single interim payments ever awarded – £1.75 million – to a spinally injured woman who needed to buy a house adapted to her needs.
- In 2013 won a groundbreaking case for a young Brazilian woman where part of the compensation is paid annually for life with inflationary increases linked to the Brazilian economy.
- Oversees the purchase and adaptations of new houses for her clients with serious brain and spinal injuries, where current living arrangements are no longer suitable.
- Regularly puts in place 24-hour care packages and intense rehabilitation programmes.
- Committed to social justice.
Top ranked in legal directories Chambers & Partners and Legal 500:
- A “Star Individual” in legal ranking publishers Chambers & Partners, one of just five in London.
- Ranked in the “Hall of Fame” with Legal 500.
- “Extremely effective” lawyer who is “very committed to her clients and a doughty fighter on a difficult case.” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- “Well-respected in the industry” – Legal 500 2019
- “Jenny made the claims process so easy to understand…she took a huge amount of stress of me and my family at a very difficult time.”
- “Having Jenny on my side changed my life…I wouldn’t be where I am today without her.”
- “She was always very accessible and there for me when I needed her…she fought every step of the way, so my husband could live life to the fullest after his injury”
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- On the Editorial Board of Kemp & Kemp: Personal Injury Law, Practice and Procedure
- Co-author of Personal Injury Practice (Bloomsbury Professional)
- Co-author of Litigating Psychiatric Injury Claims (Bloomsbury Professional)
In the media
Jenny Kennedy - Legal 500 2019
Anthony Gold - Chambers and Partners 2019
Leading Firm - Chambers and Partners 2019
Leading Firm - Legal 500 2019
Jenny Kennedy - Chambers and Partners
Legal 500 Leading Individual 2017
Personal Injury Practice (Bloomsbury Professional)
Litigating Psychiatric Injury Claims (Bloomsbury Professional)