« Back to our people
Jenny specialises in housing law. This includes disrepair, homes that are damaging to health, homelessness, judicial review and possession claims.
Jenny graduated from Cardiff University with a degree in Law. She completed her Legal Practice course at the College of Law, gaining a distinction. She went on to work as a housing caseworker before joining Anthony Gold in 2010. Jenny was taken on as a paralegal before being offered a training contract. Jenny qualified as a solicitor in September 2013.
During her training Jenny worked with the personal injury team. This gave her significant and valuable experience that helps her with cases where a tenant’s health has been affected by their housing conditions. She knows the impact and consequences of poor housing on health.
Jenny understands she is often meeting clients at an extremely stressful and vulnerable time. Her friendly and empathetic nature ensures people feel at ease discussing difficult or personal issues.
- A specialist housing solicitor committed to social justice. Jenny is a tenacious fighter who uses the law to find practical solutions for her clients’ problems.
- An approachable, calm, reassuring, listener who makes clients feel at ease during difficult times.
- Jenny secured a £10,000 settlement for a tenant whose private landlord had failed to carry out repairs, leaving the premises in a condition which our expert described as “truly shocking”.
- Jenny stopped the London Borough of Southwark evicting a vulnerable client, whose alleged rent arrears had been caused by housing benefit failures.
- Is a member of the Housing Law Practitioners Association junior executive committee.