« Back to our people
Ian Peters is a specialist in catastrophic injury cases. He has significant experience in cases involving traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputations, and complex orthopaedic trauma. He predominatly handles cases worth in excess of £1million and is an expert in cases with an international element, having acted for clients in Australia, Vietnam and Poland.
Having specialised in claimant litigation his entire career, he has built up a network of the very best medical and legal minds, ensuring the best possible team is in place from the outset of a case. Access to specialist rehabilitation can be pivotal in maximising recovery following a serious injury, and Ian is vastly experienced in securing interim funding to ensure this is in place at the earliest opportunity.
Recent successes include a settlement in excess of £1.5 million for a client who suffered a below knee leg amputation as a result of a serious road traffic accident. And in 2016, Ian won a landmark case following a High Court trial, which involved an award of damages determined by English courts but applying Polish law. The Claimant had suffered a miscarriage following a road traffic accident and received a significant award of damages near £500,000, including the cost of three cycles of IVF treatment.
- A catastrophic injury specialist and Partner in our top-rated Injury Claims team.
- Previously assisted Partner Jenny Kennedy on her catastrophic injury caseload, including two cases which recently settled in excess of £6million each.
- An international law specialist who acts for both British nationals injured abroad as well as foreign nationals injured whilst visiting the UK.
- Acted for the Claimant in the reported case of XP –v– (1) Compensa Towarzystwo SA (2) Prezeyslaw Bejger.
- Having joined Anthony Gold in 2009, Ian became a partner in May 2016.
- “Excellent, calm, patient and cordial” – Legal 500 2019
- Recommended by clients:
“We have all appreciated the warm, empathetic and highly intelligent way he has applied himself to her case. We all feel that he is a first class lawyer, who has provided an excellent service.”
“Ian was fantastic throughout. Excellent communication, incredibly professional. Sharp and on the ball. Fantastic solicitor – would recommend him to everyone”
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- Personal Injury Law Journal: Periodical payments to a foreign jurisdiction