« Back to our people
Emma is a solicitor in our Court of Protection team. She started at the firm in 2012. She subsequently took up a training contract and qualified into our Court of Protection team in 2015.
Prior to qualifying Emma spent two years at Anthony Gold working closely with our Jenny Kennedy assisting her on high value clinical negligence and personal injury claims including complex head, spinal and psychiatric injury. She then went on to continue her training in our Commercial and Court of Protection departments.
Emma now assists those who lack capacity to manage their property and affairs. Emma works closely with vulnerable adults and children including those who suffer from disease, brain injury, mental health issues and learning disabilities to ensure their funds are managed and applied in a way that meets their needs and best interests.
Emma’s case load consists of all aspects of financial deputyship work. She continues to work closely with leading lawyers in personal injury and clinical negligence supporting them with ongoing litigation from a Court of Protection perspective. In addition, Emma has a growing specialism in dealing with trust administration for vulnerable clients and contentious cases before the Court of Protection in relation to both financial and welfare issues.
Emma takes a proactive and thorough approach to her cases. She is committed to building strong ongoing relationships with clients and their families.
Emma is also a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 directory, a leading guide to law firms in the UK.
- Recommend in the Legal 500 directory
- Is sensitive and sympathetic when dealing with clients and their families
- Has a practical approach to cases
- Works collaboratively with social and medical professionals to build effective support and rehabilitation packages
- Has a growing specialism in dealing with contentious cases before the Court of Protection in relation to both financial and welfare issues
- Recommended by clients:
- “Emma was very good, very pleasant, very thorough and reliable at what she did.”