« Back to our people
Eleanor Solomon is a solicitor at Anthony Gold. She specialises in the Housing & Property Disputes department, based in our South London offices at Elephant & Castle.
Eleanor specialises in housing law including claims for repairs: both civil claims and criminal prosecutions. She represents clients who have suffered injury or illnesses, such as asthma, as a result of the conditions in their homes. She regularly acts for clients in cases regarding homelessness, allocation to social housing and possession. She acts in disputes between leaseholders and freeholders.
Eleanor also specialises in public law, particularly judicial reviews of local authority decision under their housing duties and in a wide range of other areas.
Eleanor graduated from the University of Sussex in 2009 with a degree in Politics and Anthropology. She went on to obtain distinctions in both the Graduate Diploma in Law from BPP Law School and in an MA in Legal Practise from the College of Law.
Eleanor worked at South West London Law Centres before joining the housing and public law department at Anthony Gold as a paralegal in 2012. She continued to work in the housing and public law department for the majority of her training contract, but also spent time in the conveyancing department. This valuable experience has proven useful in dealing with property disputes. She completed her training contract in March 2016.
Eleanor has volunteered as a debt advisor at South West London Law Centres and at the evening advice service at Centre 70, advising on a wide range of legal issues.
- Assisted in a claim for disrepair and nuisance by multiple leaseholders and tenants in a block where building works overran by over a year. Achieved a total sum in compensation of over £100,000.00.
- Has compelled landlords to complete a huge variety of works, from substantial roof repairs to preventing rats coming out of the toilet.
- Has assisted landlords to successfully defend disrepair cases.
- “A very talented up-and-coming public lawyer” – Legal 500 2019
- Comments from clients: “Thank you for taking my case when nobody else wanted to, you are a real professional and still care.”
“I can’t even express how grateful we are for all you have done for us. Please accept our heartfelt gratitude.”
“Thank you for your comprehensive advice and support.”
- Memberships: HLPA: on the executive committee of HLPA
- Memberships Legal aid working group: Representing the interests of the HLPA members
- Articles in the Journal of Housing Law and the Clapham Omnibus