« Back to our people
Elaine O’Connor is a Senior Associate at Anthony Gold. She specialises in the Business Services and Dispute Resolution department, based in our South London offices at London Bridge.
Elaine came to Anthony Gold in 2016 having gained experience in managing claims on behalf of large insurer clients following road traffic accidents. It was essential to liaise directly with those involved in accidents to explain sometimes complex procedural requirements and make clients feel at ease at a difficult time. Elaine has also advised in regulatory proceedings on behalf of the General Dental and Pharmaceutical Councils and was particularly skilled at placing witnesses at ease when recounting the process of treatments with which they were unhappy.
On the corporate side, Elaine has hands on experience of strategic in-house legal advice during her time at Cadbury UK Limited during the period of merger with Kraft Foods Inc. Elaine worked in the Group Intellectual Property department on a portfolio of approximately 20,000 Trade Marks.
During her training, Elaine advised Local Authorities in matters of procurement including contracts for school meals, street lighting and GP & Pharmacy services. Elaine also provided Company Secretarial support for the development of a new legal services provider within the public sector and assisted local authorities in defending claims in the Employment Tribunal.
Elaine has acted for Clinical Commissioning Groups in responding to requests under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998. She is therefore able to assist clients in relation to obtaining and withholding both personal information and that which is held by public bodies in general.
At Anthony Gold Elaine regularly advises clients in relation to termination of employment and drafting of settlements agreements. She provides transactional advice in share and asset purchases and sales as well as a wide range of commercial contracts such as shareholders and partnership agreements.
Elaine can support your new business and advises small to medium size enterprises in company formation, governance and employment matters.
In the unfortunate situation where relationships do break down or become contentious, Elaine can advise as to dispute resolution in a variety of areas including contracts, debt recovery, enforcement and contentious probate.
Elaine has been engaged to support the growing commercial offering of Anthony Gold and works across departments for example, drafting a deed of retirement from a partnership in a divorce matter and a profit share agreement in a corporate property transaction.
- Knowledge and experience of working strategically in-house at Cadbury UK Limited, a global organisation, at a time of corporate re-structuring and huge transformation
- Experience in a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters, both civil and commercial
- Practical advice to clients at the outset of their business ventures
- Elaine has a personal interest in supporting female lawyers and is an active member of the Association of Women Solicitors
- What Elaine’s clients say:
- “Elaine is a lovely person, professional, she listens & she has a soul. Elaine is Truly amazing.”
- “Many many thanks Elaine, talking to you is the best thing that has happened to me in 2019 for sure.”