Jock first practised as a doctor of medicine, working full-time as a hospital physician for five years. He then also qualified as a solicitor and for some years he worked both in medicine and the law. Now he concentrates on his work as a solicitor but brings his practical experience of medicine to his role as a partner in our clinical negligence team.
The fight for proper redress can often be a traumatic, painful and difficult experience for clients who have suffered injuries from bad medical care. Jock’s rare dual qualification and experience enhances his ability to empathise with and act effectively for his clients, achieving significant settlements that can transform the lives of clients and their family members.
Clinical negligence cases can be complex and Jock’s medical and legal understanding give him an advantage with the forensic analyses and intellectual challenges where the law and science meet, qualities that are recognised by peers in the legal profession as well as valued by clients.
- Medical doctor registered with the General Medical Council
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) senior litigator
- Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) panel member
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- Regularly asked by national press and media to comment on clinical negligence and health management issues