David Wedgwood is a partner at Anthony Gold. He specialises in the Commercial and the Court of Protection department, based in our South London offices at London Bridge.
David Wedgwood trained as a commercial lawyer in the West End before becoming a partner in 2004. During that period he has developed a highly respected commercial team, which he still leads.
David provides inventive solutions for what may seem like intractable problems. At times of crisis he is clear, giving practical advice, based on years of experience.
Across a range of cases, David uses a range of pragmatic problem solving skills to affect the optimal solution at a proportionate cost.
About David Wedgwood
I understand the needs of my clients and their families in deputyship situations. My clients trust me because I am clear about costs and transparent about how funds will be used, managed and protected.
David Wedgwood has been selected by the Office of the Public Guardian to deal with the funds of people with disabilities. As an approved Court of Protection Panel Deputy, the Court and the Official Solicitor regularly instruct him to act on complex cases involving legal disputes. He has considerable experience in all aspects of the problems that people with disabilities face and regularly writes and lectures on these issues.
Clients come to David often after traumatic events or in moments of crisis. David trained as a social worker for people with disabilities before becoming a lawyer and so understands the very particular issues involved. David provides clear, practical advice, based on years of experience in dealing with such issues.
He leads a team of talented deputyship specialist solicitors. One of the ways David develops practical, thoroughly considered cost effective support for clients is by drawing on the skills and strengths of his team. The team has developed a shared pool of knowledge of the correct procedures and expertise, which is closely managed and supervised by David.
- A tenacious litigator who is approachable and supportive of clients, achieving settlements in commercials cases valued in excess of £12m in the past twelve months.
- David brings understanding of the emotional, financial and practical needs of people with disabilities and their families in deputyship situations together with approachability.
- Has the capacity to deal with complex cases involving many inter-related claims and put forward creative solutions.
- David applies analytical skills to forensically analyse complex matters. He is flexible and creative when it comes to dealing with the varied problems that do sometimes arise.
- “Your help has truly been a Godsend and you will always be in my prayers”
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Solicitors (ACTAPS) – senior litigator
- Law Society Civil Justice Section
- Solicitors for the Elderly member
- Regular published articles most recently on impacts and options around Freezing Injunctions.