Ali is a solicitor who is also a qualified nurse. That gives her an invaluable perspective on clinical negligence and personal injury cases. She is tireless in her work for clients who have suffered injury through no fault of their own.
She enjoys the detective work of cases and finding – perhaps deep inside one of fourteen lever arch files – the vital detail that will help to win a case.
She also brings a depth of understanding gained from her own medical training and practice. She knows that money can change a client’s life, but she also knows that small things can often make a huge difference – for a client to do normal things again, to make a coffee, to go for a walk unaided.
Above all she understands that not only are the injuries suffered traumatic, legal cases are often distressing. She ensures that her clients understand the legal process fully and deals with any worries about how matters are progressing.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) senior litigator
- Secretary to APIL Clinical Negligence special interest group
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- International Association of Irish Lawyers member
- Author of Medical Records For Lawyers
- Regularly writes and comments on matters relevant to her area of specialism
Debating the Government response to the Francis Report on Sky News on 19 November