« Back to our people
Ali is a solicitor who is also a qualified nurse. That gives her an invaluable perspective on clinical negligence and personal injury cases. She is tireless in her work for clients who have suffered injury through no fault of their own.
She enjoys the detective work of cases and finding – perhaps deep inside one of fourteen lever arch files – the vital detail that will help to win a case.
She also brings a depth of understanding gained from her own medical training and practice. She knows that money can change a client’s life, but she also knows that small things can often make a huge difference – for a client to do normal things again, to make a coffee, to go for a walk unaided.
Above all she understands that not only are the injuries suffered traumatic, legal cases are often distressing. She ensures that her clients understand the legal process fully and deals with any worries about how matters are progressing.
- A clinical negligence solicitor whose background in nursing gives her powerful insight into the medical world and great client empathy.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland as well as England and Wales.
- Specialises in surgical, cardiac and emergency medicine cases but has a full range of medical issues in her caseload.
- Chambers and Legal 500 rated:
- “Astute lawyer” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- “Ali is fantastic; she explains things very clearly to me and has assured me every step of the way.” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- “Streetwise, sensible and extremely knowledgeable.”
- “Extremely experienced, excellent client handling.”
- “Very thorough lawyer who makes good use of her nursing background.”
- “A top-quality clinical negligence lawyer.”
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) senior litigator
- Secretary to APIL Clinical Negligence special interest group
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- International Association of Irish Lawyers member
- Author of Medical Records For Lawyers
- Regularly writes and comments on matters relevant to her area of specialism