« Back to our people
Sara specialises in housing law including disrepair, homelessness, judicial review, possession claims and commercial property disputes.
Sara graduated from the University of Manchester with a degree in Politics and Modern History. She went on to complete her Graduate Diploma in Law and her Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, gaining commendations in both. Sara then worked as a housing caseworker before training as a solicitor. Sara joined Anthony Gold in 2010.
Sara undertakes a lot of work for charity and has even taken part in a 2 kilometre swim to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support charity with a group of Anthony Gold swimmers.
- A dedicated housing solicitor who specialises in disrepair, judicial review, homelessness,possession work and commercial property disputes.
- Sara secured a settlement of £33,000 on behalf of a leaseholder where the freeholder had failed to carry out timely repairs.
- Sara acted for a woman with two babies who had been thrown out of her accommodation and had nowhere to sleep that night. Sara made urgent representations to the council and threatened an emergency judicial review application against the council’s failure to accept a homelessness application and provide temporary accommodation. By the end of the day, the council had backed down and agreed to provide her with accommodation.
- Recommended by Legal 500 and Chambers:
Has “an excellent grasp of the nuances of legal aid”.
“Fully committed to her clients”.
“Really knows her stuff”.
“Outstanding” and “very energetic and dedicated.”
- Recommended by clients:
“I would like to say thank you for everything you have done for me.”
“Many thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated.”
“Thank you for your time and effort with my case which has given us peace of mind and had a positive impact on our family life.”
“Thank you very much for all your help and for making it possible for me and my kids to have a home in perfect shape. I am very grateful.”
- Sara is on the Executive Committee of the Housing Law Practitioners Association, heading up its Legal Aid Working Group.
- Sara is a keen writer, having had articles published in the Journal of Housing Law and Solicitors Journal.
- Sara has also produced podcasts on housing law for CPDcast.
Ranked In - Chambers & Partners Sara Stephens