« Back to our people
Nicola Gunn trained with Anthony Gold and qualified as a solicitor in 1998. She became a partner in 2006.
Nicola specialises in all aspects of Family and Court of Protection work.
Nicola’s expertise in Family Law lies in assisting families resolve complex financial and children disputes, which arise either at the start of a relationship, or following a relationship break down.
Nicola’s expertise in her Court of Protection practice lies in assisting and supporting vulnerable adults and children, who are unable to make decisions for themselves, as a result of suffering life changing injuries or mental health issues. This involves managing their day to day finances, setting up support packages they need to rebuild their lives, and providing protection, where they are at risk of harm or exploitation. Nicola also helps to resolve welfare disputes, such as whether medical treatment should be given or withdrawn, where someone should live and the care they should receive. She also drafts complex financial and welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Nicola is trained as a Collaborative Lawyer and Mediator, which means that she is able to assist family members to reach an amicable and cost effective resolution to any problems, whenever possible.
- Highly regarded Family and Court of Protection specialist
- Substantial experience in helping families to resolve complex financial or children issues, at the start of or following the breakdown of a relationship
- Extensive experience in supporting and assisting those who have lost mental capacity with financial or welfare issues
- Trained Collaborative Lawyer and Mediator
- Supportive and focused approach
- What her clients say: “I am hugely indebted to you. Your help has been tremendous. Your application to my case has been exemplary. Your judgement has been outstanding. I regard you as a true professional.”
- Accredited specialist with Resolution, which recognises exceptional expertise in Family Law, with specialist portfolios in Advanced Financial Provision and Children Law
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Solicitors for the Elderly
- Former member of Law Society’s Children Panel, until moving away from publicly funded work