« Back to our people
Laya qualified as a barrister in 1991 and in 2006 became a solicitor. She has a mixed contentious and non-contentious commercial practice with particular expertise in advising individuals and businesses on a broad range of commercial, business immigration and employment matters.
Laya works closely with entrepreneurs and SMEs maximising their potential from start up through to growth and maturity. Skilled in navigating new talents through their formative years to well established companies in the UK, advising on a full range of corporate and commercial contracts, sales and purchases of business assets, shareholders’, partnership and LLP agreements, as well as directors’ service agreements and e-commerce.
With a broad international client base of entrepreneurs, investors and foreign companies wishing to establish themselves in the UK, Laya has developed a wealth of experience in advising and preparing visa applications for such individuals and their families from entry to the UK through to obtaining permanent residency. As an integral part of ensuring that her overseas clients achieve their objectives in the UK, Laya is well versed and advises her clients on compliance obligations under the EU and UK sanctions regimes introduced internationally against countries such as Iran, Syria and Libya.
- A highly experienced immigration, commercial and employment solicitor.
- Laya has advised employers on immigration compliance issues and Sponsorship Licenses. She has successfully challenged UKVI decisions to suspend and revoke sponsorship licences through Judicial Review.
- A determined litigator and negotiator with a proven track record to settle cases on her clients terms without going to trial.
- Laya is fluent in Farsi, French and Spanish.
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association
- Member of the Employment Law Association
- Member of the British & Iranian Business and Professional Society