« Back to our people
Jenny Kennedy approaches every case with total commitment. What she does is vital for people trying to recover from both serious accidents and negligent clinical treatment. In the last three years alone, she has recovered more than £30 million in compensation for her clients.
An interesting background as a psychiatric nurse proved an unusual route into the law. Combining a full time job with her legal studies, Jenny qualified as a solicitor in 1996, a demonstration of the determination and commitment that serves her clients so well to this day. Qualifying and becoming a partner on the same day, she continued to concentrate on personal injury and clinical negligence work. She has deliberately chosen a people-related area of the law.
Jenny has gained an enormous positive reputation from clients and from the legal profession. Colleagues have said that she achieves in a day what others achieve in a week. This drive, together with a creative ability to push boundaries and come up with new ideas, has put Jenny at the top of her field.
- A catastrophic injury and clinical negligence specialist who is driven to get the best rehabilitation and settlement possible for her clients.
- Won compensation for her clients totalling £40 million over the past three years.
- Won one of the highest single interim payments ever awarded – £1.75 million – to a spinally injured woman who needed to buy a house adapted to her needs.
- In 2013 won a groundbreaking case for a young Brazilian woman where part of the compensation is paid annually for life with inflationary increases linked to the Brazilian economy.
- Committed to social justice.
- Chambers, Legal 500 and Super Lawyers rated::
“A “star individual” in Chambers, one of just four in the field of personal injury in London.”
“A “leading individual” who is “exceptional”.”
“She has a “formidable reputation in the industry.”
“She has a willingness to fight,” and “what she manages to achieve in a day, a lot of solicitors achieve in a week.”
“A relentless and effective performer.”
“Sought after for her cross-jurisdictional work.”
“Personable and sensible, and always has the client’s interests at heart.”
“One of the best personal injury lawyers in the country.”
“Outside of work Jenny enjoys distance running, horse riding, playing the piano.”
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- On the Editorial Board of Kemp & Kemp: Personal Injury Law, Practice and Procedure
- Co-author of Personal Injury Practice (Bloomsbury Professional)
- Co-author of Litigating Psychiatric Injury Claims (Bloomsbury Professional)