« Back to our people
Ellen is a specialist family solicitor who practices in all areas of private family law including divorce, dissolution and related financial and children matters.
Ellen has particular experience of handling complex and intricate child arrangements disputes which involve serious allegations of abuse and the need to address jurisdictional, international and cultural issues. She often acts for vulnerable individuals who require sympathetic yet firm guidance on both financial and children matters. Although Ellen is strongly committed to resolving matters out of court wherever possible, she is also well versed in dealing with highly acrimonious proceedings, especially those involving litigants in person and/or those requiring the input of safeguarding professionals.
Ellen adopts a personable yet efficient approach to her cases. Her empathy and determination reinforce her commitment to supporting clients through difficult times so as to achieve the best possible results for them. Ellen is a strong believer in the importance of teamwork and a number of senior lawyers she has worked with have commented on her mature, knowledgeable, confident and client-focused approach.
Ellen trained at Anthony Gold, having studied Law at the University of Manchester and the College of Law, Chester.
Outside of the law Ellen is an active and experienced political campaigner and child disability volunteer. She is also a keen musician, having achieved Grade 8 on both cello and saxophone.
- A strong, effective and sympathetic communicator
- A listener, with understanding of the particular needs of each individual
- Someone you want on your side
- “Exceptionally good…diligent, great attention to detail” – from a barrister
- “Thank you for being so great with me…I really appreciated your warmth, professionalism and intelligence. Having you work on my case gave me a lot more confidence” – from a client
- “You are great at explaining things clearly and in plain English.”