« Back to our people
Donovan has specialised in Court of Protection practice since 2008. This involves managing financial affairs for vulnerable adults and children who are no longer able to manage their property and affairs.
Donovan predominately helps vulnerable elderly clients who suffer from dementia and also people who have been awarded damages as a result of a personal injury claim. He works closely with case managers to look at additional benefits that can be given and also with independent financial advisers on his clients’ behalf.
Donovan is also asked to work closely with social workers with regards to complex issues either prior to the granting of a deputyship order or ongoing once the order has been made. This includes attending safeguarding meetings and Deprivation of Liberty meetings.
He also gives general advice to the elderly including preparation and drafting of Lasting Power of Attorney.
- Adopts a patient and caring approach to clients.
- Works closely with other professionals to advance issues for clients.
- Provides advice on all aspects of Court of Protection practice with main emphasis on property and affairs.
- Prepares and advises on Powers of Attorney for both property & affairs and health & welfare.
- Provides help in the preparation of personal injury trust.
- What Clients say
“Donovan has provided excellent guidance and support throughout my case.”
- Solicitors for the Elderly – an independent, national organisation of lawyers who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers.
- Resolution – Organisation for family law Lawyers.
- Executive Committee South London Law Society.