« Back to our people
Deirdre’s work focuses on housing law from a tenant or leaseholder’s point of view. She has conducted very complex claims but is equally happy to assist tenants with straightforward housing disrepair problems. She has specialised in this area of law for more than 25 years.
She started her legal career as an assistant solicitor for a large firm in Brighton handling an enormously varied caseload including conveyancing, matrimonial law, crime and civil litigation. She then moved to South London to work for a local law centre. There she worked in the housing, personal injury and employment teams and was a regular presenter on a local radio legal helpline.
In 1997 she co-founded Powell Forster solicitors and in 2014 she joined Anthony Gold as a consultant solicitor.
She has been a member of the Housing Law Practitioners’ Association since it was founded and she regularly lectures for them.
- Chambers and Legal 500 rated:
- “Compassionate, patient and extremely knowledgeable.”
“She is a disrepair guru.”
“Commercially minded and really does get what the client needs – she has incredible judgement and is a very good negotiator.”
“Professional, caring and efficient.”
“Exceptional in her conscientious and thorough approach.”
“Understands the tactics for running a successful disrepair claim”
- Committed to social justice.
- Impressive public speaker.
- Experienced, highly regarded litigator.
- Determined to obtain the best possible outcome for her clients.
- Enjoys making complicated legal concepts understandable to non-lawyers.
- What her clients say:
“Deirdre was professional, informative and considerate in handling a very sensitive case for me…..I would recommend her in a heartbeat.”
“I just wanted to express my gratitude for the fantastic job you did. I don’t have much faith in the operation of the legal system but it is always heartening to meet someone like yourself who obviously cares about people as well as being “on it” with legal processes and arguments.”
- Housing Law Practitioners Association
- Author of a number of articles on housing law for the Legal Action Group
- Former lecturer for the Legal Practice course for trainee solicitors
- Regular presenter of housing law courses on behalf of the Legal Action Group and London University
- Co-author of the textbook “Repairs: tenants’ rights“(4th Edition), published by Legal Action Group.