« Back to our people
Debra has over 25 years experience of all aspects of residential property matters including building disputes, issues over land ownership, claims for compensation for losses arising from housing issues and complex housing disrepair cases. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant bringing or defending proceedings, she can help on a wide range of problems that arise in a residential context. Debra also undertakes public law issues that arise from a housing context, such as local authority decisions about re-housing involving children or other vulnerable individuals.
- Debra will always look at a case from all angles to try and do the very best in what may seem an impossible position. She is approachable and flexible in her outlook.
- Debra was employed in the Legal and Policy department of a Trade Union working with diverse interest groups requiring a command of persuasive written communication skills. She is community minded being involved in many local initiatives. Debra champions the causes of others who would otherwise feel marginalised in society.
- “Debra is excellent – responsive, polite and most definitely tolerant”.
- “When we felt like giving up, Debra Wilson gave us courage and hope to carry on which led to a very satisfactory conclusion”.
- “We owe you so much for your help over the years. You took a David and Goliath situation and helped the little guys win. It’s quite an outcome.”
- Chambers and Legal 500 rated: “Debra is expeditious”.
- Member of the Law Society Housing Law Committee.
- Member of the Housing Law Practitioners Group.
- A Peer Reviewer for the Oxford University Press.
- Her articles have featured in the Solicitors’ Journal, the Law Society Gazette and the New Law Journal.
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer 2017