« Back to our people
Beth has a varied and complex commercial and civil litigation practice. She is adept at forming strong working relationships with her clients with a focus on managing the pressures of litigation.
She joined the firm in March 2012. She is experienced in professional negligence, breach of trust, contentious probate, claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, debt recovery, corporate fraud, shareholder disputes, directors’ misfeasance, and contract disputes.
Beth has a First Class Honours degree in English from the University of York. She obtained a Distinction on her LPC at the College of Law and went on to acquire a Higher Rights of Audience accreditation whilst still a trainee solicitor.
Beth’s notable cases include McCabe v McCabe  EWHC 1591 (Ch), a contentious probate dispute, in which her client was successful, and the widely reported case Purrunsing v A’Court & Co & House Owners Conveyancers Ltd  EWHC 789 (Ch) in which Beth acted for the successful claimant who recovered 100% of the money he lost through property fraud. That case was the first to consider the obligations of vendor’s solicitors in property fraud transaction.
Beth takes a commercial approach to her work and serving her clients. She is attuned to the benefit of alternative dispute resolution, and has successfully negotiated many of her cases, as well as taking matters through to trial.
- Highly capable and practical litigation specialist
- Proven success in Court
- Focus on client care and the impact of litigation
- Commercial and practical
- Beth is recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500 for Contentious Trusts and Probate
- ‘Beth Holden has a bright future ahead of her – she could easily rub shoulders with partners at Magic Circle law firms’ – Legal 500;
- Clients say:
- “I am truly grateful for the speed and professionalism that you have offered to me to resolve this case.”
- “May I pay tribute to your legal expertise and tactical wisdom which has brought this matter to a successful conclusion. I have found dealing with you very satisfactory and would not hesitate to recommend you.”
- “Your work and professionalism has really helped us and I know my family thought highly of you too.”
- “I would have no hesitation in recommending you and the company to colleagues and friends and I will no doubt use you again in the future.”
- “I am very relieved and happy with the positive outcome. Thank you for all your help and the efficient and professional service you have provided me throughout this matter. I really appreciate how you focused on my interests and getting the desired result.”
- “We would like to thank you for your services and support in this process. You have been amazing and we are both grateful for the time you put into this, with so much attention to detail”
Member of the Property Litigation Association