NQ Solicitor to 1.5 years of PQE – Court of Protection – London Bridge
As a Solicitor, you will work with a team of specialists in the Court of Protection department of Anthony Gold.
The firm is a successful multi-office practice, who deliver a range of services to clients based locally and further afield. Based at London Bridge, we have a national reputation and are a leading Legal 500 firm who pride ourselves on providing a high level of client care. Recognising the importance of giving back to the communities in which we are based, we support local charities and provide advice clinics and we are a leading practice providing Court of Protection services to our clients.
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
- You will be joining a team that specialises in providing Court of Protection Deputyship support for clients who have on-going complex Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence claims. This involves managing multi-million-pound awards. You will work closely with the Partner that oversees this specialist team.
- To provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients and family members, within the context of the Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation, supported by a supervisor.
- Areas of work will include the management of Property and Affairs Deputyships, working with brain injured and vulnerable clients, Trust management, assisting with tax affairs and accounts, drafting Personal Injury Trusts, Statutory Wills, Welfare Deputyship applications and other associated applications to the Court of Protection.
- Other workwill include the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of our disabled clients, creating and monitoring client’s budgets to ensure fund sustainability, liaising with case managers, doctors, therapists, care teams, surveyors, architects and other specialists.
- Attend clients at hospitals, in their home and care/nursing homes.
- Will work closely with a Partner on Deputyships focused on providing litigation support, together with managing an independent caseload, some of which might include contentious Deputyship work.
- Make regular payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets.
- Day-to-day contact with clients and their individual lifestyle requirements.
- Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate to paralegals and trainees.
- Work as a part of a team under the supervision of a Partner of the firm.
- Degree in Law or relevant CILEx level and previous experience of working in a Court of Protection role
- Good customer focus
- Flexible and proactive approach with ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to work to tight deadlines and in a high paced environment
- Dedicated to a career in Court of Protection work
- Good Microsoft skills particularly word and excel.
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with figures
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Joyce Wilson.